1 person made this
About this recipe:
Corn Tikkis are fresh flattened patties of corn flavored with simple ingredients like lemon juice, mint and garam masala. Enjoy hot with chutney.
1 cup corn
1 tablespoon maize flour
2 boiled and grated potatoes
1 chopped onion
2 finely chopped green chilies
½ tablespoon chopped mint leaves
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon molten butter
Salt as needed
1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Grind half of the corn just lightly to break up the corn bits. Set aside.
- Heat a tawa. Toast the maida until it turns light brown. Set aside.
- Mash potatoes and all of the corn.
- Add onions, green chilies, mint leaves, garam masala powder, butter, salt and pepper powder to the corn and potato mixture.
- Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix again.
- Chill this mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Now grease palm of your hand with some oil, and take a lump of the mixture and make a ball. Flatten it with your fingers like a tikki.
- Heat a pan with vegetable oil. Shallow fry the tikkis with oil.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate