1 person made this
About this recipe:
These are very spicy patties made from potato base with a coconut or peas filling. Serve with chutneys.
2 potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped green chillies
Salt as needed
1 teaspoon soybean oil
3-4 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon chopped green chillies
1 cup green peas or grated coconut
A tray of biscuit crumbs for dusting
- In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes, ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves, green chillies and salt. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan with soybean oil. Add curry leaves, green chillies, peas or coconut and salt. Stir and fry. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Take a portion of the potato mixture in your palm and make a medium sized oval shaped ball.
- Make an indent and fill it with the filling. Cover the indent with the potato and then roll the ball or patties on a tray of biscuit crumbs.
- Repeat for the rest of the filling and potato mixture.
- Heat a tawa with soybean oil. Shallow fry the patties. Repeat for the rest of the patties.
Serve with chutney.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate