1 / 1
4 people made this
About this recipe:
Hot, cooked apples pouring out of baked pie crust. Serve hot or cold with custard or ice cream.
225g ready-made shortcrust pastry
4 small sweet apples, peeled and cored but not sliced
25g light soft brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut four circles round a saucer.
- Place one apple in the centre of each piece of pastry.
- Mix together the raisins, sugar, butter and cinnamon and place equal amounts in the centre of each apple.
- Enclose the apples completely in pastry and invert onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg or milk and bake for twenty-five minutes. Sprinkle with caster sugar as they come out of the oven.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate