3 people made this
About this recipe:
This pie is a typical dish of Sorrento, Italy. Freshly sliced vegetables and cheese are mixed with beaten egg and baked to perfection inside pie crust.
4 fresh eggs, beaten
600g turai, sliced
4 green onions, sliced
100g freshly grated Parmesan
1 bunch of parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 (500g) packet of ready rolled pie (shortcrust pastry), or make your own.
Beaten egg yolk, for glazing pastry
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the turai, onions, parsley and cheese; mix well.
- Pour the oil into a medium-sized baking tin and spread it around until it coats the tin.
- Divide the pastry into two pieces. Roll out one sheet of pastry and place on the bottom of the baking tin, trimming the edges if necessary.
- Now spread the filling onto the pastry. Seal the pie with the other layer of pastry and trim the edges.
- Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg yolk. Pierce the top layer with a fork and bake for about 40 minutes until it becomes crisp and light golden.
- Serve hot.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate