Rajasthani pulao with chana daal
Easy, flavorful rice dish. I grew up eating this almost every other day.
Washington, United States
4 people made this
1 cup rice
4 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon garam masala (whole,
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/4 cup chana daal (soaked)
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhaniya powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
Salt to taste
2 cup water
1 tablespoon dry mint leaves (pudina)
Extra time:1hr soaking ›
- Soak chana daal over night. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, put whole garam masala. Add onions and saute until it turns light brown in color.
- Add chilli powder, haldi powder, dhaniya powder and salt in it. Cook for few seconds and then add chana daal in it.
- Once ghee separates from sides, add water. Bring it to boil and add mint leaves.
- Put rice in it and cook it till moist and soft.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
It is nice...I will try to prepare as suggested by you.
Thanks for sharing...
02 Jul 2011
User's IP: 22.214.171.124