Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Cod with fresh basil and sundried tomatoes rolled in ham. Ask your fishmonger to skin, debone & fillet the fish for you. If not cod, feel free to use the fish of choice.
900g cod (filleted into 2 pieces)
25g fresh basil
12 sundried tomatoes (a small jar)
90g ham (parma, if you can find it)
For the Sauce
175ml white wine
250g sweet tomatoes
2 tsp butter.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Place a piece of foil or plastic film that's just larger than the fillets onto a work surface. Line the film with the parma ham. Place one of the cod fillets on top of the parma ham.
- Arrange the sundried tomatoes and fresh basil on top of the cod. Then make a sandwich with the other fillet.
- Roll up the cling film as tight as possible to make the roulade.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the roll into 4 equal portions.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The foil will help to keep the shape while it's cooking but you can remove if you prefer.
- While the fish is cooking you can make the sauce; Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Bring to the boil slowly and allow to reduce. The cherry tomatoes will pop slightly and the sauce will become thicker.
- Remove the fish from the oven, peel off cling film. Arrange on warm plates and serve with sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate