1 / 1 Photo by: Sara B
Rum Chocolate Cake
Serves : 10
- For cake
- 175g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 175ml milk
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoons of treacle/honey
- For the chocolate ganache
- 1 (100g) bar of good quality dark chocolate
- 2-3 tablespoons of cream
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease or line a 23cm/ 9in round cake tin.
- Place all dry cake ingredients into a large bowl, add wet ingredients; mix well and pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm and springs back when you touch it.
- Remove from tin, slice in half through the middle, leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Make the ganache by melting the chocolate and 3 tablespoons of cream together.
- Whip remaining cream for filling.
- When cake has cooled enough, spread a thick layer of chocolate ganache on the inside of each cake slice.
- Top bottom piece of cake with whipped cream and sandwich with top layer of cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!