Rum Chocolate Cake
1 / 1
22 people made this
About this recipe:
Ready in under an hour, you'll love this ganache and cream filled, super moist cake.
175g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 medium eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons caster sugar
175ml vegetable oil
1 tablespoon rum
2 tablespoons of treacle/honey
For the chocolate ganache
1 (100g) bar of good quality dark chocolate
2-3 tablespoons of cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease or line a 23cm/ 9in round cake tin.
- Place all dry cake ingredients into a large bowl, add wet ingredients; mix well and pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm and springs back when you touch it.
- Remove from tin, slice in half through the middle, leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Make the ganache by melting the chocolate and 3 tablespoons of cream together.
- Whip remaining cream for filling.
- When cake has cooled enough, spread a thick layer of chocolate ganache on the inside of each cake slice.
- Top bottom piece of cake with whipped cream and sandwich with top layer of cake.
Great cake smells great when it's cooking, only needed 30 mins. Very scrummy. I used rum in the buttercream for the middle with morello cherries.
- 19 Aug 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate