1. In a strong bottomed pan, add ghee, after it start melts, roast cashews and raisins. Drain the ghee and keep aside.
2. In the same pan with remaining ghee, add rice and roast well in medium flame without burning the rice.
3. Let the roast rice to cool, grind it roughly not to smooth powder. It should be in broken rice stage.Take this in a bowl and keep read.
4. Heat a sauce pan or the same pan we roasted the rice, Add 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of water. After it starts boiling, add roast and grind rice.
5. Allow it to cook in medium flame for 10 to 12 mins. Then add sugar and cook.
6. Check in the mid, how the rice cooked. Finally add the rose essence and roasted cashews and raisins.
7. Mix well and cook for two more minutes. Turn off the flame. Serve hot or chilled.
1. I used raw rice in this pudding, but basmati rice will taste more. Also you can add the rice without grinding also. Just roast and add to milk.
2. Rose essence alone will flavor good in this recipe. As an addition we can add 1 tsp of vanilla essence too.
3. If you serve chilled, top with ice cream or whipping cream and cherries.