1. Add oil to the maida and mix well
2. Keep adding little amounts of water while kneading continuously
3. Leave the dough to rest for 15 minutes
4. Knead the dough once again for 2-3 minutes and then make small balls out of it
5. Roll the dough balls to a thickness slightly more than a typical roti or as preferred
1. With the help of a knife make light straight lines. This is only to increase the surface area to enable thorough frying.
2. Make small holes randomly using a knife or a fork.
3. Pour some oil into the wok/kadhai and high-heat the oil for about 3½ minutes
4. After this turn the gas dial to slightly below medium
5. Place the rolled dough one-by-one into the oil
6. Keep turning the pieces every 20-30 seconds to ensure that it cooks well on both sides
7. Once the pieces turn slightly brownish in color, remove it from the wok and let it cool before serving