1 / 1
17 people made this
About this recipe:
A hearty, great stew with veggies and meat for autumn and winter months.
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
340g diced braising steak
340g diced lamb
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1.5kg potatoes, peeled
3-4 cups beef stock
2 medium onions, diced
2 medium carrots, thickly sliced
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Season the meats with salt and pepper; brown on all sides. Transfer to a large, deep casserole pot.
- Cut 3/4 of the potatoes into thin slices; set on top of the meat. Pour in the stock. Cover and cook in the oven 90 minutes.
- Cut the rest of the potatoes into small cubes. After 90 minutes, give the stew a stir to break up the sliced potatoes (this will help thicken it).
- Mix in the uncooked potatoes, onions, carrots and Worcestershire sauce; cover and cook 60-90 minutes more, or until the meat is very tender.
- Adjust the seasonings and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate