1 / 1 Photo by:
Kerala Style Aviyal
Serves : 4
- 2 cups diced vegetables (you can use carrots, string beans, ash gourd, drumsticks)
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 ½ cups curd
- For Tadka/popu/tempering
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chillis, broken
- 1 sprig curry leaves (kadipatta)
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Boil the vegetables in 1 cup water with salt, turmeric powder, and chilli powder till tender.
- Grind the coconut and curd into a smooth paste. Add to the boiled vegetables. Bring to a quick boil for just a few seconds.
- For tadka, heat oil in a frying pan. Add the first 3 tadka ingredients and fry till seeds start cracking. Add curry leaves. Pour the mixture to the aviyal and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!