1 / 1 Photo by:
- 3/4 cup split moong dal
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 4 cups Fine chopped spinach/ amaranthus
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, slit lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 dried redchili, torn into halves
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Pressure cook moong dal and Grind coconut well in a mixer.
- In a a deep pan, add spinach/amaranthus, tomato, garlic, turmeric powder, salt and water and let cook. When it starts boiling, add ground coconut and moong dal. Stir well and let boil for another 3 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When hot, add mustard seeds and let splutter.Then add cumin, red chilies and onions. Roast well and pour on to the spinach curry.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!