1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 cup urad dal (split black lentils) flour
- 2 ½ cups rice flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- Water Enough to soak mixture completely
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Extra time:6hr fermenting › Ready in:6hr40min
- Mix all the ingredients and water to a thick batter consistency. Keep in a warm place to ferment 6 hours to overnight.
- Dilute mixture with water till batter is thick but easy to spread.
- Heat the tawa. Ladle the batter and spread it into a circle using the back of the ladle or a large spoon. Gently grease batter with oil on the edges and the middle. Cook each side till the crust crackles and becomes golden. Serve immediately. Best eaten hot and crispy right off the tawa.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!