Rajasthani besan ki shimla-mirch
- 1/2 cup besan
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sauf
- 1/4 teaspoon ajwain
- 2 medium-sized capsicum (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Dry roast the besan in a non-stick pan until it turns pink.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sauf and ajwain to it. Add capsicum with all the dry masalas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted besan, cover and and cook on medium heat for 5 more minutes. Serve hot and enjoy with chapatti or paratha.
i had a very bad experience trying it out!! d veg dint get soften...n it all turned out to b suitable just for dustbin! well pls guide me whr i went wrong... wen i put besan after 5 minutes of continuous stirring ,it soaked up all little water dat d veg had left and it all got very messy.but still i covered it,put on sim n let it b for 5 minutes...wen i opened d lid after 5 minutes,d veg were still hard ...i put sm water... still of no sue..at d end,veg softened but d whole dish became a disaster!! - 27 Apr 2012
i made this dish couple of times and everybody loved it. its very testy, thankyou. - 25 Apr 2012