Pomfret Macher Jhaal
This is a bengali delicacy and a good recipe for a pomfret fish lover. It is spicy and tangy. Definitely an easy recipe worth trying.
California, United States
114 people made this
2 pomfret fish each cut into half
salt to taste
2 tspn turmeric powder
5 tbspn of mustard seeds
4 green chilies
5 tbspns of oil
1 tspn kalonji seeds
1 tspn red chili powder
Extra time:30min setting ›
- Clean and cut fish into half. Rub salt and turmeric into them.
- Grind mustard seeds into paste with green chilies, tomatoes, salt and water as needed.
- In pan, heat oil. Slide in the fish and fry well. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add kalonji seeds, 2 slit green chilies. Make a paste of 1tsp turmeric powder, red chili powder and 2tsp of water. Add it in the oil and keep stirring till dry.
- Add mustard paste and keep stirring till dry. Add water and let it simmer. Add fish, cover and cook till fish is done.
- Serve hot with rice.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (2)
You can try it with Ilish or Hilsha fish.
27 Jul 2013
recipe says grind tomatoes - ingredients no tomatoes mentioned
26 May 2016
User's IP: 184.108.40.206