1 / 1 Photo by:
- 160g fresh coconut, grated
- 145g jaggery (palm sugar)
- 4 tablespoons milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ghee (clarified butter)
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:1hr fermenting › Ready in:1hr30min
- Heat the coconut and jaggery together in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over low heat, stirring frequently, until most of the moisture evaporates and the coconut and jaggery begin to bind together, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the milk powder over the mixture and stir. The milk powder helps absorb moisture and bind the mixture. Coconuts vary in their water content. If the mixture is still too loose, add a bit more milk powder. Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Grease a rimmed plate (or a thali if you have one) with the ghee. Spread the coconut mixture evenly and press and flatten with your hands. Cool completely. Cut into desired shape and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!