1 / 1 Photo by: SavitaJ
- 12 oz fresh or frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup channa daal
- 1 potatoe(small)
- 1 onion (medium)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp heeng
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp amchoor
- 2 tomatoes (small)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:30min preserving › Ready in:1hr
- Soak the channa daal for 1 hour.
- Place spinach,channa daal, tomatoes,potatoe,onions,turmeric and salt with 2 inches water above the ingredients in a pressure cooker and cook for 20 mins (2 whistles).
- Add cumin seeds, heeng and chopped garlic to oil and let it simmer for 2 minutes and add to the above boiled ingredients.
- If it is too watery you can let the entire contents simmer till the extra water evaporates.
- Seve with rice or chapatis.
Use next day
With rice or chapatis. You can skip the potatoe if you want less carbs in your meal.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!